Cultures of China, Festival of Spring Show
Sun 25 Feb 2018, 02:00 pm
Sun 25 Feb 2018, 06:00 pm
Te Rauparaha Arena
17 Parumoana St
Cultural Ethnic, Arts Culture, Community, Festivals
$30 adult / $20 child, student, senior tickets
Ticket Source: www.ticketdirect.co.nz or via door sale at Te Rauparaha Stadium on performance day
Cultures of China, Festival of Spring is an arts and culture show that was initiated in 2009 by the Overseas Chinese Affairs Office of the State Council, P.R. China, to promote Chinese culture and to celebrate the Chinese New Year with overseas Chinese and local audiences. The show first came to Wellington in 2012 and again in 2014. This year, Cultures of China, Festival of Spring is back for another round in Wellington, bringing 45 performers, among whom are seven of China’s most acclaimed singers. Audiences can expect an afternoon of entertainment including singing, dancing, Chinese opera, folk music and Shaolin Kung Fu, presented by a professional troupe.
Featured singers include:
- Wang Hong Wei, an award-winning tenor specialised in Chinese folk songs.
- Ujina, Bourbajar and Norma, a family of three whose song The Lucky 3 was written by father Bourbajar for daughter Norma when she was a curious 3-year-old. The song is sung in a conversational tone in Mongolian.
- Yang Chi, an award-winning Yuan style Peking opera singer.
- Zhu Sha, a soloist from the China Broadcasting Art Troupe and a Chinese folk singer.
- Li Qian Ru, a soprano who earned her doctorate of Musical Arts in Performance at Michigan State University. Li has held over a dozen solo concert tours both in China and the United States.
Come along to celebrate the Chinese New Year with local Chinese and performance artists from China.
These tickets can be purchased at www.ticketdirect.co.nz or via door sale at Te Rauparaha Stadium on performance day. A donation from the ticket sales is made to the Wellington Chinese Garden Society.
For more information contact:
Steven Young, President Wellington Chinese Association Inc
Chair of Wellington Chinese Communities Group Trust
Deputy Chair of Wellington Chinese Garden Society
mobile: 021 932 352 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org