AET and the Community
Asian Events Trust is proud to be the organising body of the Chinese New Year Festival but it’s only possible with the gracious support of the Chinese community and many wonderful volunteers. We also acknowledge our sponsors and supporters, with whom we celebrate the growth of the Festival, and share the wealth of Chinese traditions to the wider community and encouraging all to share.
AET is the proud recipient of the following awards:
- 2019: AET was runner up in the Arts & Culture Award, Wellington Airport Regional Community Awards, recognising the work carried out by community groups in the wider Wellington region with the focus on celebrating volunteers and their valuable contribution to society.
- 2019: AET awarded ANZ Migrant Community Spirit Award, which honours the commitment and dedication of organisations for their support and development of migrant communities.
- 2015: AET selected as a finalist of the Vibrant Gold section of the Wellington Gold Awards.
- 2014: Linda, Steph and Rita as AET, each received an Absolutely Positive Wellingtonian Award from Mayor Celia Wade-Brown at a full Council meeting on Wednesday 26 February, recognising members of the community who have made outstanding contributions to the Capital.
- 2012: AET selected as one of the three finalists in the Mitre 10 Community of the Year Category in the Kiwibank New Zealand of the Year Awards, recognising groups making a positive contribution to New Zealand’s communities.
- 2007 and 2005: AET awarded the Arts & Culture Award, Wellington Airport Regional Community Awards, recognising AET as a voluntary organisation whose event makes the city a better place and strengthening the community.
Asian Events Trust
PO Box 5889
Wellington, New Zealand
Entertainment & Community Liaison
027 432 4269
Marketing & Logistics
027 452 6393
Funding & Finances
029 748 2866